Zuv' chumm' bramhaan'
Ghar' gachaa

May 27, 2006

A Soul in Exile...

A home, where ever it may be, is all that one needs at the end of a tough journey or a tiresome day.

But, where shall those souls like mine go, who lost their home to the ugly spirits of Hatred and violence.
Where shall I rest ...While I am in Exile.....?

Exile... Yes...That is what describes it.... and I am there with hundreds of thousands of fellow brethren..... I was born in the valley of Kashmir, the proverbial "paradise on Earth"... I spent my early childhood and teens in this valley, in the city of Srinagar, little realising that hatred and religious fanaticism abetted by Pakistan was bent upon ruining the peace and tranquility of my homeland. Horrible design's of these narrow minded terrorists resulted in the exodus of lakhs of Kashmiri Hindu's... leaving behind a home and homeland, a life of peace and comfort in their home's ... become refugee's in their own country and state. Today, lakhs of Kashmiri Hindu's live in abject conditions in Jammu and elsewhere .... IN EXILE... It's 16 long years already as the whole sad travail began in 1989, and God only knows when it shall end...

16 years in exile...even more than that makes Gods of men...

"If I Die in Exile...
Think this of me,
That There is a Corner Out there in "Kashmir"...
Where my Soul Will Come to Rest !!!"

No comments: